In this 2.5 part series (because the third part is a YouTube video… there IS more footage from this particular day for you guys but it will have to wait until I have time to edit!), my boys and I head out into the woods during a snowy week here in Germany.
I talk about all thing snow related:
- exposing for highlights
- what to do with twigs and sticks or having nothing in the foreground
- snow eyes
- rules to break when it’s snowy
As well as a TON of general location scouting and shooting advice:
- how I check a location before my dogs get involved
- what I’m looking for in a background, foreground, visual interest
- why some locations work, and some don’t
- even thoughts on mental health and not feeling like every location needs to be SPECTACULAR – even if I’m cynical and jaded!