I have a real love of learning and teaching, exploring, playing, and experimenting with photography and editing. I want to be able to help you, wherever you’re at on your learning journey, and as a teacher by trade, I hope I can do just that!
So I won’t just walk through my process on one of my photos (unless that’s what you want!) but chat with you about what you’d like to get out of the lesson, any special techniques or methods you’d like to learn, or what you’re struggling with. I’ll then adapt the coaching specifically for you, so that you can get the most out of it, whether you just want a focused hour of information, or an intensive workshop-length course spread over a couple of days.
We’ll use Zoom, as well as Lightroom, and possibly Photoshop, depending on your level and what you’re wanting to learn. If you don’t have LR & PS, don’t worry! While they are the programs that I use, if you use something else, we can probably adapt most of the tools. You can also download them with a free trial from Adobe if you’re not sure about subscribing to their services just yet.
Online Individual Lessons
Short, sharp and to the point. These lessons are great if you’re short on time or have a very specific topic in mind. We won’t be able to go through a full workflow here, but if you have a question or two, a technique you want to learn or a problem you want to solve, this is for you.
- 45-60 minutes
- Focusing on one topic, or two topics if they are quite small (we will discuss when you first inquire!). For example: how to work with underexposed images, how to edit black dogs, how to change the colours in Photoshop, how to pose a dog, how to add curves to create a certain mood.
- Best to send me a message via the chat, or an inquiry, so we can see if this is the right option for you!
Perfect for: Anyone! Maybe you’re not sure if pet photography is for you, if you want to just “get a taste” of the lessons, have a specific question or challenge, or want to learn a specific technique.
You will need: Zoom, and possibly Lightroom and/or Photoshop, depending on the topic. We can discuss this when we plan your lesson!
Follow-up support is included for bespoke & intensive sessions. I am available to you via email or chat after the workshop for any questions, clarification, explanations and so on. I will also be happy to look at some of your images following the workshop to give you feedback and advice as you begin to use these new techniques and tools.
From my students...
Topics We Can Cover
- Techniques for shaping/manipulating light
- Improving the face of the dog, brightening, improving eyes, etc.
- Colour alteration
- Discussion about how to make an image “pop” and stop viewers in their tracks
- Mood, colour harmony, posing, expression
- Dog behaviour
- Removing distractions, collars, leashes, people and so on
- Working on the background of the image to enlarge it, or to make it more visually appealing
- Group photos, head-swaps
- Working with natural light
- Editing/photographing black dogs
- Editing underexposed images
- Looking through your portfolio to see what can be improved
- Anything else you can think of, probably! Just get in touch and ask!
In-Person Workshops and Lessons
Workshops and Lessons can be organised for in-person sessions, on location. They will run similarly to online lessons, but with the possibility of a photoshoot using a dog model or two for a full-day or two-day workshop. In-person workshops give you a much more powerful learning experience.
Group prices are also available. For individual or group lessons or workshops, please contact me for a price, as this will depend on location, duration, number of participants and so on.
I am available for travel. The terms, conditions and costs can be discussed upon inquiry. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Ready to get started?
Send me a message using the messenger button, or drop me an email with the form below!