This tutorial will take you from start to finish editing a slightly under-exposed, backlit photo of Journey.
In order to do this tutorial, you’ll want:
- a decent knowledge of Photoshop basics, eg., masking, adjustment layers and so on
- A decent knowledge of Lightroom, eg., radial filters
This techniques in this tutorial will work best with:
- backlit photos, with even lighting on the dog’s face
- slightly under-exposed photos, but it’s ok if you have some blown-out highlights
- photos with some kind of natural “shape” to the foreground and background (eg., not on an open field).
Since this is one of my favourite photos, it’s one I would prefer that edits do not get posted on social media.