In this tutorial I wanted to create an image that would match a similar one I had of Journey, so I could print them both out for my wall. Therefore, I had quite a specific look in mind, which was: late sun flare through the mountain gap, dawn/dusk time.
In this tutorial we will be:
- Working on brightening Loki up
- Bringing texture and detail back into the clouds
- Adding the fake sun flare overlay
- Discussing how to keep light natural both with the fake sun and with this open landscape scene
- Adding some fake rim-light around Loki’s ears to keep the light natural
- Changing the colour balance to tint everything gold and slightly magenta
- Removing bits of grass
- And the normal process of dodge & burn, removing colour-casts from his chest and so on.