A new law was made that keeps your information safe – things like your address, date of birth and phone number. Inspawration Photography School (Emily Abrahams Photography) and other people collect and use information for all kinds of reasons, and the new law tells them exactly what they are allowed to do with yours.
We collect some information about our students, like you. It’s our job to tell you how we will collect the information, how we will record it and how we will use it.
In this notice, you will see different names or terms used that you may not be familiar with, such as:
- Data controller: This person (or group of people, like a business or Photography School) is in charge of the information we collect.
- Data processor: This person processes information for the data controller.
- Personal data: This means any information that can be used to identify someone, such as your address and date of birth.
Who looks after your information?
The School is the data controller of the personal information you give us – we look at how and why your information is collected and used.
Sometimes the School has to give your information to other people, but it will only give away your information when you say it’s ok or when the law says that they have to. When your data is given to someone else, they must look after it and keep it safe.
Why do we collect and use your information?
We will only collect your information when we need it to help us do our job or to follow the law. When we’ve collected it, here’s how we use it:
- To get in touch with you and your parents when we need to
- To make sure you can properly use the website
- To protect your welfare and follow safeguarding procedures
- To assess the quality of our service
- To comply with the law regarding data sharing
What information do we collect?
The categories of information that the practice collects, holds and shares includes the following:
Your personal information
This is things like your name, address and email address.
Your individual contributions
We collect information that you post to the website, for example comments on lessons, or in the discussion forums.
By using this website, you give permission for any photos uploaded here to the discussion forums, or for critiques or other resources to be shared to other students, or for us to use in advertising the website. We will not use any photographs where you are featured, only those taken of pets.
Do you have to give us your information?
You must give us quite a lot of the information we need, but there is some information that you can choose whether to let us have it or not.
When we ask you for information that you don’t have to give us, we will ask for your permission and let you know why we want it and what we will do with it. If you don’t want us to have the information, that’s your choice.
How long will we keep your information?
We don’t keep it forever, only for as long as we need it to help us do the thing we needed it for. We have a policy that tells us when to keep it and when to bin it.
Will your information be shared?
We won’t share your information with anyone else without your permission, unless the law says we can or should. We may share information with:
- Your family
How will we get rid of your information?
Any computer records will be deleted however we do need to keep your information for a certain length of time before we can do this.
What are your rights?
You and your parents have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information
- Ask to see the information we hold
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong
- Ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways
- · Tell us you don’t want your information to be processed
If the information we are collecting is information that you can choose not to give, you can tell us to stop collecting it at any time.
If you’re worried about how we get and use your information, you can speak to Emily Abrahams on 07737233177.
Would you like to know more?
If you or your parents would like to find out more information about how we collect, use and store your personal information, please ask to see our information (GDPR) policy or ask at reception.
Four important things to understand
Now you’ve read this, we hope you understand that:
- The law allows us to get and use your information to help us do our job.
- We may share your information with others, but only when we really need to.
- We will ask for your permission to share your information whenever you have a choice.
- You can tell us not to share your information, even when you have said yes before.